Monday, March 5, 2007

Pros and Cons of living in Sandusky, Ohio---this is just MY oppinion here.

Ok so Pros....
1)It is close to everything!
a.)the mall (not that it is any good)
b.)Any where you would want to eat (in this area anyways) *We need a Carrabas!- Don't tell the olive garden that!
c.)The Movie theaters (both of them)
d.)Our friends-that live in the area-they all live in Sandusky
e.)Wal-mart...for everything but groceries and Meijer...for groceries
f.)we are close to work---like that is my number one joy!
2.)There are sidewalks-I've never lived where there were sidewalks
4.)The lake is right here...you can see it anyway...no beach though.
5.)I like hearing the church bells


Ok now the Cons...
1.)It is ghetto...so to anyone that lives here.
2.)People don't have back yards
3.)It is more than 15 min. from family
4.)It does not have a beach...cedar point does not count!
5.)The police and Fire sirens wake me up at night
6.)I have to lock things that i never had to before

a.) The apartment
b.)The cars
6.)The neighbors are way to close!
7.)I don't feel safe walking after dark
8.)house values go waaaaaay down.
9.)you cannot be noisy with out bothering people.



So there you have it the only reason I like Sandusky is because it is close to things.

4 comments:

BananaBuzzbomb said...

I feel ya. I like being close to everything too. When you move and you don't have one of your favorite restaurants or stores you go into withdrawal.
I've never lived anywhere but in the ghetto, so I'm right at home. I miss New Orleans for all the activity that's going on. No matter what, something's happening. I'm sure that's going on here too, but not so sure if I'd be into what's going on though.
We have a decent sized backyard that is fenced in for being in the city. Of course, it's nothing like being out in wide open spaces though. We'll have to have a summer get together or what about get togethers?
The beach...or lack there of. I don't really like swimming in a dingy old lake. However, I like to sneak into CP's hotels and swim there. It'd be nice to have a beach where you can just walk right in the water and not freeze your butt off.
I'm glad we have movie theaters. But David and I have decided that with our millions we're going to open a brand new one with stadium seating.
So those are my feelings...not that you asked for them...but it's one of those topics I just have to give my two cents.

Jen said...

Yippe! Danielle blogged. I'm so proud of my little one. You've grown up so fast. ;-(

So here is MY two cents...
I love the sidewalk, even though I haven't been untilizing them too often, but there are they for me. I love being able to walk to Jackson St. Pier. Joe and I used to drive and watch the sunset, yes I know, how romantic.
But the country does have some uppers too...I miss the quiet, dark endless night skies with endless stars. When I was little I used to lay in the yard and just watch shooting stars. Does that happen here, I'm sure it does, but its hard when there is a street light beaming in your eyes. Okay, enough venting for tonight, its bedtime!

BananaBuzzbomb said...

We love the pier too. We still go down there on a pretty normal basis. It's something that we started to do when we dated in high school, and has stayed with us. I guess it's one of those simple things in life that you take for granted, but when you stop and think about it, it has a pretty significant meaning in your life. I'm getting way too sentimental...I must still be asleep. Sorry.

4welschenbachs said...

I love stars...I used to sit out ther with my dad...sniff

lol